I am a native of New York City and moved to the Upper West Side to join my father, Dr. Philip Shipper, in practice. My father and I practiced together until his retirement at the end of 1999. That same year, we were joined by my nephew, Dr. Howard Vogel. I have lived and practiced in the same neighborhood since the summer of 1976. I continue to enjoy practicing dentistry because I love being in the company of my patients. I take great pride in treating everyone with compassion, and with a passion for the services we provide. My main goal is to improve our patients’ dental health, and thereby contribute to their overall health.
- BA Economics – Case Western Reserve University
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine – University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine
Throughout my career, I have steadily participated in continuing education courses in order to keep up to date with the newest treatments and techniques, materials, and advances in technology. I am a certified dentist in both CEREC® and Invisalign®. My number-one desire is to be able to offer and provide the most advanced dental care available to each and every patient.
- American Dental Association
- New York State Dental Association
- New York County Dental Society
- Alpha Omega International Dental Fraternity
- Dental Study Club of New York
- Pierre Fauchard Academy
- New York Academy of Dentistry
- Academy of General Dentistry, fellow
Outside the Office
In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my wife, our two sons, Josh and Mike, and our dog, Sydney. My interests include running, keeping fit, scuba diving, golf, traveling, and reading.